One Nation One Ration Card is a scheme to treat all ration cards the same, whether from any state. Currently, some 23 crore ration cards have been issued to nearly 80 million crores NFSA recipients in all states and UT.
In the current system, a ration cardholder can only buy food grains from the FPS that is assigned to the area in which he lives. However, this will change once the ‘One Nation, One Ration Card’ system becomes operational at the national level. Here’s how it will work:
Suppose if you are from Bhagalpur district and live in Ludhiana Punjab due to work, then you are not liable to buy subsidized food from the local PDS shop. But under the One Nation One Ration Card Scheme, you can get subsidized food from Ludhiana Punjab also. Now, under the new system of technology, you have to register your biometric authentication on the electronic point of sale (ePos) installed in the FPS. Therefore, those systems will show your details about the allocated food grains.
We will tell you the complete procedure of how you can do the “One Nation One Ration Card” online.
Benefits from One Nation One Ration Card?
- One Nation One Ration Card can be used anywhere in India.
- Recipients can take advantage of the food grain shares under the National Security Law (NFSA) of any fair-price store across the country using the same ration card.
Eligibility of a nation’s ration card
- All resident Indians of all states
- If you are newly married and want to add your name on the ration card, you must first remove the name from the old family ration card.
- You don’t have a ration card before.
- New ration card: A fee of Rs.5.00 is charged for the issuance of a Ration Card to APL families.
- Duplicate ration card: A fee of Rs.5.00 is charged for the issuance of a Ration Card.
However, the rate may vary from state to state.
- The One Nation One Ration Card will be valid for life. However, it must be renewed every 5 years.
Application procedure for a One Nation One ration card
The procedure for applying the ration card is offline. There is no option to apply for the ration card online in any state. However, you can verify your name online in the Ration Card List. We will provide you with links throughout the state. So you can verify your name on the list. But if your name is not on the list then you must apply for a new Ration Card. We will provide you with the complete procedure to apply a new ration card step by step. So here is the procedure to apply for a ration card.
All ration cards will automatically transfer to the “One Nation One Ration Card” scheme
Step 1: You must first download the Ration Card Application Form. You can also get the Ration Card application form at Ration Stores / DC’s Office of Civilian Food Supplies / Consumer Affairs Branch / SDO / TALATHI / Service Centers.
Step 2: Now, you must complete the Ration Card application form.
Step 3: After completing the application form, attach all required documents, such as a copy of the Aadhaar card, caste certificate (if it belongs to SC / ST / OBC), family photo, etc.
Step 4: After completing the application form, send it to the Ration store.
Step 5: After verifying the form and in person, officials will issue the Ration Card. It usually takes 7 days to obtain the Ration Card. However, the procedure and time limit may vary from state to state.
There is the following information required to apply for the “One Nation One Nation Card”.
- Name of the head of the family
- Names of all family members.
- Date of birth of all family members.
- permanent address
- Occupancy and income details
- Signature / Thumb
The following documents are required to apply for the One Nation One Ration card.
- Passport photo of the main family member. The main member must be a female person.
- Copy of the bank account photo
- Caste certificate if SC / ST / OBC
- Copy of the Aadhaar card for all family members
- A family photo
Characteristics of a nation’s ration card
- The ration card must have a standard 10-digit ration card number.
- The first two digits will be the status code, the next two digits will execute the ration card numbers, the next two numbers will be the member ID for each ration card member.
- The language on the ration card will be English or Hindi.
state Joined under “One Nation One Ration Card”
It should be noted that Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Kerala, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Punjab, Telangana, Tripura and Uttar Pradesh. had already joined the program.
Paswan also stressed that his Ministry is making every effort to include the remaining 13 States and TUs in the regime.
Central office Location
Department of Food and Public Distribution
Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution,
Department of Food and DP,
Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi – 110001.
Office contact link